Corporate and Commercial
Our Corporate and Commercial team have extensive experience in drafting and negotiating the full spectrum of commercial contracts across all industry sectors. Our diverse range of clients includes owner-operator businesses, medium-sized enterprises and large multi-nationals based throughout New Zealand and around the world.
We support our clients to start-up, buy and sell assets, raise money, exercise good governance, trade, comply with legislation, undertake projects and achieve results. We understand the complexities of commercial and corporate law, and we pride ourselves on translating this into clear and innovative advice. We like to deliver pragmatic and straight forward answers.
At TODD & WALKER Law we work closely with our clients to understand their needs and perspective to tailor our advice to suit their specific business needs. Whether you are starting a new business, expanding, restructuring, franchising or entering a new partnership, we can assist.
Sound legal advice is key during business formation to ensure ownership and company structures are correct. We have experience in drafting company constitutions, shareholder agreements, joint venture arrangements and regularly help our clients with governance, board structure and shareholder rights advice.
We advise on a wide range of commercial contracts daily. We draft contracts to set our clients up for the best possible commercial arrangement in language that can be understood. We understand the New Zealand regulatory business environment and focus on helping our clients realise opportunities, understand the law and manage risk, future-proof and achieve long term success.
Our corporate and commercial areas of expertise include:
- Company formation, joint ventures, limited partnerships, shareholder agreements and company constitutions;
- Company governance and administration, director duties and shareholder rights;
- Capital raising and share issues;
- Banking and financing;
- Personal property securities;
- Commercial contracts;
- Service and supply agreements, distributor agreements, out-sourcing agreements and terms of trade;
- Buying and selling a business (asset or shares), mergers and acquisitions;
- Buying and selling commercial property;
- Business restructuring;
- Commercial leasing;
- Rural, agri-business and irrigation;
- Construction contracts, tender documents and procurement;
- Technology development and intellectual property;
- Franchising and licensing;
- Confidentiality and trade secrets;
- Export and import contracts.
Our Corporate and Commercial Lawyers
Find out about the members of our Corporate and Commercial team